Monday, December 27, 2010

Do Not Lose Heart

As i prayed this morning, two very important things came to my realization.
The first is that Christ served the whole time He was on earth. He came to serve, and He did; ultimately in His death for man's salvation.

"Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28, NKJV.

The second is that i should serve.
i am learning to put aside myself, and to take up the cross and follow after my Savior, who considered equality with God something not to be grasped (Philippians 2:6).

When i grow weary of the little things people do that annoy me (whistling, for instance), of doing chores, or when i don't feel like answering kindly to my mother who asks me to do something, i think of these verses. To take up my cross is what i have to do to follow my Savior. It means selfless serving. i should do this often, in fact, every day.

"Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Mark 8:35, NKJV.

So i must deny myself.

This is what i say to you. When you get weary of doing what you know you should do, don't give up. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the strength and desire to keep serving. Christ served. He did it for us, He did it for you. And remember these words from Paul:

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9, NKJV.

No comments:

Post a Comment